Monday, November 16, 2015

Planetary Anihilation - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Colonize solar systems, annihilate homeworlds, and exterminate your foes in epic interplanetary battles with multiple players and thousands of units. Planetary Annihilation takes strategy gaming to a never-before-seen scale -- and gives players powerful tools to control the action.

Blow up everything, anywhere; dominate with punishing spacecraft, robots, and other futuristic machines of war. Arm asteroids and send them on planet-destroying collision courses. And take over an entire galaxy in a dynamic single-player mode with procedurally generated content. Don’t just win, annihilate! 

Previous Playtime

0 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

Colonizing star systems and blowing up planets intrigues me, but this game looks like an RTS, and that's a genre that's always been difficult for me. I like the cartoony look of the screenshots, but the game's reviews are really poor.

Color me ambivalent here. I think I'll probably enjoy it if growth is easy and I get to use a variety of cool buildings and units, and I will hate it if I feel like I constantly have to tread water just to stay ahead of the enemy.

My big hope is that the game is as over the top as its title and description make it sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment