Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition presents one of the best RPGs of all time like never before. Step inside the most richly detailed and vibrant game-world ever created. With a powerful combination of freeform gameplay and unprecedented graphics, you can unravel the main quest at your own pace or explore the vast world and find your own challenges. 
Also included in the Game of the Year edition are Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansion, adding new and unique quests and content to the already massive world of Oblivion. See why critics called Oblivion the Best Game of 2006. 


Previous Play Time

34 Hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

I got this game as part of the Elder Scrolls Anthology. It was an incidental acquisition, but not one I regret. Even though I have not played it (on PC) as much as Morrowind, it is still one of my favorites. 

Prior Experience

I've played the hell out of the console version, getting every achievement but one (including the ones for the DLC), so I've pretty much seen and done everything this game has to offer. It also featured prominently on my Elder Scrolls Anthology thread.

Expectations

I've played pretty much all of this game before, so I'm not expecting anything "new." And I know that it's only a matter of time before the leveling system screws me over. So, I've decided I'm going to download and install some mods to shake up the experience. I'll then try and do the mage, thief, and dark brotherhood quests, because I skipped those last time I played. I really enjoy vanilla Oblivion, though, so my main hope is that the modified game will seem fresh without destroying what I love about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment