Saturday, April 18, 2015

Torchlight II - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

 The award-winning action RPG is back, bigger and better than ever! Torchlight II takes you back into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets - and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands!

Torchlight II captures all the flavor and excitement of the original game - while expanding the world and adding the features players wanted most, including online and LAN co-op multiplayer. Torchlight II is fast, fun, and filled to the brim with action and loot. Adventure solo or online with your friends!

Previous Playtime

0 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

I'm coming into this game entirely fresh. I've heard it compared to Diablo, which isn't super meaningful to me (I once rented Diablo 3 for the console, but didn't get that far into it). However, Torchlight II was given to me by my good friend Daniel, who has excellent taste and knows me very well, so I'm not at all worried.

What I expect, given a quick glance at the store page and the small amount of osmosis that has occurred from my 11 Steam friends who play Torchlight II (I think only Skyrim and Civilization V are more popular) is a loot-driven hack and slash adventure that will generally be pretty fun and causal, which will be a welcome change of pace from all these serious, dark and gritty games I've been playing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment