Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)
 Choose Your Path.

It is four thousand years before the Galactic Empire and hundreds of Jedi Knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith. You are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force on your quest to save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, saviour or conqueror... you alone will determine the destiny of the entire galaxy!

A brand new Star Wars role-playing experience with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.

Learn to use the Force with over 40 different powers and build your own lightsaber.

Adventure through some of the most popular Star Wars locations, including Tatooine and the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk.

Choose your party from nine customisable characters, including Twi'leks, droids and Wookiees.
Travel to eight enormous worlds in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

There was a sale. Fourteen Star Wars games for twenty-three dollars. Averaged out, that was less than two dollars a game. For Star Wars games. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars (I know, big surprise, right), and an even huger fan of buying things when they are deeply discounted, so I wound up snatching up the whole lot, and putting my blog project even further in arrears.

Previous Playtime

0 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

Knights of the Old Republic was my first Xbox game. In fact, it was the game that convinced me to buy the system. I played the hell out of it. I wouldn't consider myself an expert, by any means, but I know for a fact that I adore this game and that I will almost certainly enjoy playing it again. My only worry is that the PC version does not have controller support, but seeing as  how this is a turn-based rpg, I'm certain that won't bother me all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment