Friday, October 20, 2017

Divine Divinity - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

 Listed among the "Top 100 PC Games Of All Time" by PC GAMER (2012), Divine Divinity is an epic role-playing game with hack-and-slash action, offering a huge world to explore and thousands of items to investigate, trade and use.

The game chronicles the never-ending battle between valiant heroes and the destructive powers of Chaos harnessed by the Black Ring, a cult of enduring evil. You play the role of the prophesised Chosen One who under the guidance of the wizard Zandalor must unite the seven races of Rivellon so that you may become the Divine One and stop the birth of the Lord of Chaos.


Previous Playtime

0 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

Well, I had heard good things about Divinity: Original Sin, but it was both the fourth game in a series and a little bit more expensive than I was willing to pay for, so I bought the first three games as part of a heavily discounted bundle.

Expectations and Prior Experience

First, I have get something off my chest: "Divine Divinity" is a terrible title. I mean, as opposed to what, non-divine divinity? It's been bugging me for years and may well be a contributing factor to why I waited so long to play it.

I'll probably like the game, though. It's an isomorphic action-rpg, and apparently one of the top 100 games of all time, at that. So unless it has some hidden offensiveness or unnecessary difficulty, it should be fine.

Other than the basic genre staples, I don't really know what to expect. A lot of items, apparently. Which can be good. I like futzing with items. But will it be enough? That plot looks as generic as generic can be. The worst case scenario is that it will be merely bland, but it's possible that it might hook me nonetheless.

Overall, I'm pretty optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment