Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hell Yeah! - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Hell Yeah! is a crazy action-adventure platformer... In Hell.

You are Ash, a devil rabbit and the prince of Hell. When some jerk finds it funny to post your secret intimate photos all over the Hell-ternet, you get VERY angry.

Time to seek out the bastard and destroy him once and for all. While you’re at it, why not use this incredible journey to kill everybody else?

It’s you against all Hell. It’s Hell Yeah!

Previous Playtime

0 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

A friend told me about a free giveaway. This and Golden Axe, and I was still very naive. I thought "wow, how often are video games given away for free?" Since then, I have passed up the opportunity to get much more interesting games. Literally the only thing that drew me to this was the price.

Expectations And Prior Experience

 It's a cute, cartoony platformer, so it will probably be fine. I don't care for the title, but what does that prove? The Steam reviews list it as being pretty short, which is a real pain after my most recent game, but multiple playthroughs is much less onerous in a platformer, where there is an increasing level of skill and precision, than it is in a text-heavy adventure game, where it's just sitting passively and listening to the same damned story you've heard four times before.

Let's hope I can get through this with a minimum of bitterness.

No comments:

Post a Comment