Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Star Wars Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

"I have chosen my destiny, and it lies here..." - Kyle Katarn

It is five years after Kyle's victory over the seven dark Jedi. Invading Imperial forces advance upon a quiet Rebel outpost, interrupting Kyle's training of a brave new Jedi, Mara Jade. First introduced in Timothy Zahn's award-winning Star Wars novel, Heir to the Empire, Mara Jade blends her past experiences as a one time smuggler and Emperor's Hand with her apprenticeship as a Jedi Knight. Armed with four new weapons and five new Force powers, Mara must secure supplies desperately needed by the New Republic while Kyle, believing it a part of his destiny, pursues the secret treasures shrouded in an ancient Sith temple.

Can the New Republic's boldest female Jedi protect the Rebel base, negotiate with Ka'Pa the Hutt, then ward off a phalanx of enemies?

Will the ancient secrets of the Sith unleash new powers?

Are Kyle and Mara strong enough to resist the temptations of the dark side, or will new entanglements seduce them? 

Previous Playtime

0 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

You know the story by now. Super cheap bundle.

Expectations and Prior Experience

This one is interesting because it's an expansion pack to Dark Forces II Which means that I'm expecting more or less the exact same game I just got finished playing, but for there to be less of it. This does worry me a bit. I don't think I'm going to have any trouble on my first playthrough, but I was able to finish all of Dark Forces II in 13 hours and then do it again in another seven. So how many times am I going to have to sit through Mysteries of the Sith?

I've got my fingers crossed that it will be no more than two and a half, but I'm still left wishing I knew this game was an expansion to Dark Forces II beforehand so I could have bundled the two games together and saved myself the trouble.

Here's hoping my stubborn pride doesn't catch up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment