Friday, September 22, 2017

Monaco - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine is a single player or co-op heist game. Assemble a crack team of thieves, case the joint, and pull off the perfect heist.

The Locksmith: Blue-collar infiltration expert
The Lookout: She can see and hear everything... a natural leader
The Pickpocket: A hobo with a monkey and a penchant for crime
The Cleaner: A silent psychopath... Jack The Ripper in pink
The Mole: Big and dumb... likes to tunnel
The Gentleman: He doesn't always wear a disguise, but when he does, he looks fantastic
The Hacker: Armies of viruses shut down security... a modern day warlock
The Redhead: Manipulative and murderous... a lady always gets what she wants

Play with up to four people online or on the same screen. Compete with others via daily leaderboards. Find out why it won the 2010 IGF and has been described by PCGamer as "one of the best co-op games of all time."

Previous Playtime

0 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

I bought this during the 2014 Steam Winter sale, and as I recall, it was a time in my life when I felt invincible, and was just buying video games speculatively, because of course I was going to play them, I have a blog now. Monaco wasn't something I was specifically interested in, but I'd heard of it, and a lot of my friends already owned it, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Expectations and Prior Experience

This is another game I'm going into blind. From the screenshots it looks like a cute top-down adventure game, but also there's stealth? Once again, I'm put in the position where I'll probably like it if it's easy and not like it if it's hard.

Also, I'm not sure how well a co-op game like this is going to play as a single-player experience. I like the description of all the different classes in the store page write-up, but how many of them will I get to control?

I can foresee the potential for a very bad time, if it turns out I have to split my focus in several directions at once while carefully navigating a maze and avoiding enemies that can instantly ruin my day. But that's a worst-case scenario. It will probably be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment