Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sakura Spirit - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

 Rising Judo Star Gushiken Takahiro was two weeks away from the match that would make or break his career -- a championship match where the winner is then signed up to be a young national athlete for Japan. He was very determined to win, in order to fulfill his dreams of finally representing his country for a sport he loves so much.

He's prepared and ready, but that doesn’t stop him from being nervous about his upcoming battle. At the suggestion of his friends and classmates, he goes to a shrine that is rumoured to grant any wish or prayer. He pours all the coins from his already full coin bank into the offering box and says his prayer. After praying, he becomes dizzy and nauseous and eventually faints. When he wakes up, he finds himself in an ancient, unfamiliar place.

While searching for a way back to his village, he stumbles upon two girl wielding swords chasing after two… foxgirls? He questions his brain at first, but then follows them, only to be caught up in their shenanigans as well.

Who are these girls, and are they involved in Takahiro’s arrival to this new world? Will he get back to his own world and timeline in time for his match? Or will he be stuck there forever?

Previous Playtime

0 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

You know, I'm just not sure about this one. I don't know why it is on my list, and I can't remember the circumstances of how I got it (though I'm certain that it came from Jared). It's another visual novel, so I think I've got a pretty good handle on what it's going to be like - interesting at first, but increasingly tedious as I have to replay scenes in order to unlock new endings.

The store description doesn't particularly do anything for me. It sounds a little weird, but not so weird that I feel compelled to play it purely for the gawk factor. I guess it will be fine, if a little out of my comfort zone.

The only thing that worries me is that the store page has a very prominent "adult content" warning on it, which doesn't exactly bother me, personally, but does seem to guarantee that I'm going to spend far more words than I'd like writing about sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment