Saturday, May 19, 2018

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

From Age of Empires co-creator Brian Sullivan and Braveheart writer Randall Wallace comes an innovative action role playing game set in ancient Greece, Egypt and Asia. The Titans have escaped their eternal prison, wreaking havoc upon the earth. The gods seek a hero who can turn the tide in an epic struggle that will determine the fate of both men and gods.

In this epic quest of good versus evil, players will encounter the greatest villains of Greek mythology, brave the attacks of Cerberus, and hazard the banks of the River Styx. Players will interpret the prophecies of the blind seer Tiresias, fight alongside Agamemnon and Achilles, and use the wiles of Odysseus to conquer this dark new adventure.

Are you ready for the quest?

Previous Playtime

4 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

A Diablo-style game set in mythic Greece - there's no way this can go wrong. Or, at least, that's what I would be saying if I was going into this raw. As it so happens, I've played it online with my friend Daniel and I know for a fact that it conformed to my expectations. I had a little trouble following the plot, but I figure this time I can take it slow and actually read the dialogue.

And if it turns out that I still can't follow the plot, well, at least I'll be able to kill monsters and gather loot, and that's more than enough to keep me occupied for 20 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment