Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hammerfight - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Hammerfight is about 2D battles of flying machines equipped with various slashing, piercing and blunt weaponry. A unique combat system is based on realistic physics simulation, and it ties the movements of the rider to the movements of your mouse. As you wave the mouse, your rider swings his warhammer, smashing the foe into the wall!

This creates an unequaled feel of the real strike, a feel of the mass of the weapon in your hands. Simulated physics and direct mouse control creates a huge variety of possible battle techniques and an unlimited field for perfecting one's fighting skill. 

Previous Playtime

0 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

This is another one of those challenge games that I'd never even heard of until right when I was gearing up to start playing it. Looking at the screenshots on the store page, it kind of reminds me of an old-school shooter like R-Type, which is not a genre I'm particularly fond of. However, that's just the visual impression I get from a casual inspection. The store description suggests it will be like nothing I've ever played before. I'm not sure how I feel about starting out as a scrub in a new fighting game, but I do like physics, so perhaps it will balance out.

No comments:

Post a Comment