Friday, December 18, 2015

Lego Star Wars Saga - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Kick Some Brick in I through VI

Play through all six Star Wars movies in one videogame! Adding new characters, new levels, new features and for the first time ever, the chance to build and battle your way through a fun Star Wars galaxy on your PC!

New Gameplay Features with enhanced Force Powers, new power-ups and new Challenge Modes.

Solve Puzzles through the use of creative thinking, teamwork and unique building situations.

Over 120 playable characters, and new characters like Watto, Zam Wessell, Boss Nass and more!

Upgraded Character Customizer allowing millions of possibilities. With character parts from all 6 movies, create cross-Trilogy mash-up characters like Han Windu and Lando Amidala.

Redesigned levels like the "Mos Espa Podrace" and "Gunship Cavalry" to take advantage of the the open vehicle gameplay of LEGO Star Wars II.

Bonus levels and missions allow you to take 10 additional Bounty Hunter missions from Jabba the Hutt in the prequel trilogy.

Two Player Local Co-Op lets friends and families play together. 

Previous Playtime

0 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

This was shortly after I bought that bundle with 21 Star Wars games. I was thinking that there was a big, LEGO-shaped gap in my collection, so I put this one on my list and waited until it went on deep discount. I was also influenced by my purchase of LEGO Marvel Superheroes. I bought that game because I enjoyed a version of Lego Star Wars for the console, and I bought this game because it seemed weird to have a Lego game, but not the one I knew I enjoyed.

Expectations And Prior Experience

I'm not sure if this is the same game I played back on the Gamecube, but there was a version of Lego Star Wars that I've already enjoyed, so I have a pretty good idea about what I'm getting into. An easy, light-hearted action-adventure game with a lot of silly jokes about the ridiculousness of using plastic bricks to emulate one of the most popular sci-fi franchises of all times, along with poking some gentle fun at that franchise's more risible moments. Since this game covers six of the now seven movies in the series, I'll probably have to play as a plastic Jar-Jar at some point, but that's okay.

I can't imagine there are going to be any nasty surprises in this good-natured, kid-friendly Star Wars video game. So long as it actually works and has the same ultra-casual balance I've come to expect from the series, it should be a breezy and relaxing good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment