Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Startopia - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

A once thriving network of space stations and planets have been left lifeless, redundant scars of the apocalypse. Into this age of darkness comes light. You will lead the way in rebuilding the network of space stations to a standard accepted by the individual alien races, attracting them to harness their expertise and research new technologies. Thus begins the hilarious battle of wits and cunning, full of daring escapades.

Previous Playtime

0 hours


What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

You know, I can't say. I think I may be a sucker for anything with the word "star" in its title.


Expectations And Prior Experience

I hadn't realized until I double-checked the store page, but this is a game from 2001. I imagine it will either run smoothly on my computer or get tangled up in some kind of compatibility blood-feud with Windows 10.

But assuming it actually works, it looks kind of interesting. It's got a colorful and cartoony aesthetic and the base management seems to be pretty deep (if the screenshots on the store page are anything to go by).

I'm a little worried that the base-building might be overshadowed by RTS elements, but then I just got done playing a couple of pretty intense RTS games and I enjoyed the hell out of them, so my hand-wringing is probably completely unjustified.

No comments:

Post a Comment