Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Dark Forces™ set the industry standard for first person action in the Star Wars® universe. Now Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II picks up where the award-winning game left off...with even more features and firepower in dazzling 3D graphics. As Kyle Katarn, you must acquire the lightsaber and learn the ways of the Force to become a Jedi Knight. Confront old foes... Greedo, Boosk, stormtroopers. And new enemies... seven dark Jedi who plan to harness the power of an ancient burial ground for unsurpassed evil. But take heart, your 10 weapon arsenal and over 12 Force powers make you a force to be reckoned with. 

Previous Playtime

0 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

Oh, you know, "massive Star Wars bundle," "less than two dollars a game," yada yada yada, etc.

Expectations and Prior Experience

I just got done playing the original Dark Forces and I'm a little tentative about the sequel. If it improves upon the core gameplay and incorporates some more modern quality of life improvements (like mid-level saves) then it'll probably be pretty fun. If it's as maze-like and confusing as the original, it may take me awhile to get through.

I'm pretty optimistic though. The Force powers look like they could be fun to play with and it's likely that 3D level design had become more assured in the two years since the original game. I figure the worst thing that can possibly happen is that it's no worse than the first Dark Forces. And I already know that I can get through that with a minimum of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment