Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

The Fallen Enchantress seeks to destroy the civilizations that have risen from the ashes of the Cataclysm. Fortunately, your fame has spread and great heroes have been drawn to your banner. With your new champions, you will confront new horrors like liches, brood hunters, banshees, and the dreaded hergon.

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is the new standalone expansion to Stardock’s turn-based, fantasy strategy game. Players will forge a new empire in a world sundered by powerful magic, fight against terrible creatures, complete quests and rediscover lost secrets in their bid to rule the world of Elemental.
 
Previous Playtime

150 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

It was probably something along the lines of "oh, god, I just bought Fallen Enchantress two weeks ago, my timing could not have been worse, at least they're giving me a discount." Honestly, I should have waited to buy it, but this was back in 2013 and I was still naive to the ways of Steam. Since my resentment didn't outweigh my curiosity and I was willing to part the twenty bucks, I just went with it.

Expectations and Prior Experience

This is one of the few games for which I have every single Achievement. There was a period of a couple of months where I played it religiously. I don't think I ever tried the highest difficulties, but I did manage to slay all the worst monsters and recruit all the rarest heroes.

As a consequence, I expect few surprises, though since it's been such a long time since I last played it, there may be one or two things I've forgotten. In all likelihood, this will go as quickly as the original Fallen Enchantress, but without the constant reminders of things that have been improved in the expansion.

I probably should have played the two games closer to one another. I'm certain it will be a chore trying to remember which features I need to point out by way of contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment