Sunday, December 14, 2014

Warframe - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Previous Play Time

2 hours

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This

I remember the night when I got this moderately well. My friends had all been playing Warframe for awhile, and for some reason, instead of our usual activities, we all decided we were going to play a game together. Since this one was free, it was pretty much the only one we were all guaranteed to have access to, so I downloaded it.

Expectations and Prior Experience

I remember this game as being fairly fun, which I think somewhat surprised me. At the time, I was under the impression that if a game was free, it had to be too dismal for people to want to pay for. Since I only played the opening couple of missions with my good friends, I can't say for sure how the later levels and overall economy will work out. There's a part of me that dreads the thought that I will be punished for trying to play the game for free, but I'm willing to chalk this up to a generalized F2P ignorance, and am prepared to be pleasantly surprised (I've heard nothing but good things about this game).

My biggest worry is that my work internet connection is not fast enough. I've noticed I get through games a lot slower when I'm forced to play at home, and I was kind of hoping to make some progress on the list before the winter sale comes and forces (yes, forces) me to buy a whole bunch of new games. Still, that's a meta-concern. I expect that there will be plenty of advantages to playing at home, should it come to that.

2 comments:

  1. The sale will probable force others to add to your challenge list too

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a thought that keeps me up at night.

    ReplyDelete