Monday, July 7, 2014

Ride to Hell: Retribution - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

About the Game

It's time for revenge! Jake Conway has just returned home from Vietnam when his younger brother is brutally murdered by a rival biker gang called “The Devil’s Hand”. Set in the outlaw era of America's Sixties, Jake takes on anyone or anything standing in the 
way of his bloody revenge fest - on bike, on foot and on fire. Join the Retribution!

Key Features

  • High-speed combat - Whether on foot or on bike, you'll be using melee and firearms to enact your revenge! 
  • Customize your ride - Choose from a variety of decals, paint jobs, and body parts, and hit the road with your very own unique hog. 
  • Rock and roll experience - Explore the roaring sixties, a time of anarchy and free love as a man with no rules.

Previous Play Time

0 hours

Prior Experience

This is another game I'd never heard of, but I was repeatedly warned that it's terrible. I also watched a review that ripped the shit out of it. I probably should have gone in "fresh," but I had a morbid curiosity about it's incredible 16 metascore.

Expectations

Honestly, I expect to hate it. I've yet to see a single defender of this game, and some of the things I've heard make me more than a bit uncomfortable. It's weird, because 60s biker gangs are not something that has been done in the open-world crime genre of games, so there's a part of me that thinks the game's premise sounds kind of interesting, and I'm generally an optimist who likes to keep things positive, but the consensus surrounding this game is so unanimous that I don't have a lot of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment