Friday, October 28, 2016

Battleborn - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

A tremendous band of badass heroes fight to protect the universe’s very last star from a mysterious evil in this next-gen shooter by the creators of Borderlands. To defend it, you’ll need to utilize every type of character and weapon you’ve ever imagined -- from cyborg hawkmen to samurai vampires to mini-gun wielding man-mountains. Slash and parry, run and gun, cast and dash, or simply obliterate foes all while building and growing your personal team of heroes.  Choose your hero and fight alone or co-operatively alongside friends in story missions, or battle against them in fast-paced competitive multiplayer matches.

Previous Playtime

0 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

I have Jondera to thank for this game. It was an unexpected gift, but I'm not coming into this totally blind. I've had my eye on Battleborn for a while. It was a new game from Gearbox and after Borderlands and Borderlands 2, they've earned the right to at least one game that I'll try on trust alone.

As far as I can tell, this is an FPS MOBA. Individually, each genre is one that gives me pause. Taken together, I worry that I might not be able to handle it. However, I love games with excessively large casts of playable characters (that's why I own a copy of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, despite that being a patently ridiculous thing for me to have) and if these guys are brought to life with the same irreverent humor as the Borderlands series, I'll probably be able to forget my preferences for at least 20 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment