Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blade Symphony - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Prove you are the world's greatest swordsman in Blade Symphony: a slash-em-up featuring a highly detailed and in-depth sword fighting system. Face down other players in tactical swordplay, 2 versus 2 team duels, sandbox FFA, or the Control Points game mode!

Previous Play Time

0 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

I have to thank Faolind for this one. I understand this game was not given with the express purpose of torturing me, for which I'm extremely grateful.

I don't really know what to expect from the game itself. It's got a cool title. It's obviously an action game (which is a nice change of pace, after all those rpgs). I like blades. I like symphonies. So I've got every reason to be optimistic.

The tricky thing about action games, particularly fighters, is that they tend to have a bit of a learning curve. My biggest worry, going in, is that Blade Symphony is going to be one of those games that is really rewarding for experts and absolutely punishing for newbs. That could make the opening hours feel particularly frustrating.

On the other hand, thanks to the blog, I have an in-built excuse for bull-headed persistence, so even if it is super hardcore, I should be able to push past that and get to the real meat of the game. I'm sure, by the 20 hour mark, any initial awkwardness will be long forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment