Monday, October 27, 2014

FEZ - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Gomez is a 2D creature living in a 2D world. Or is he? When the existence of a mysterious 3rd dimension is revealed to him, Gomez is sent out on a journey that will take him to the very end of time and space. Use your ability to navigate 3D structures from 4 distinct classic 2D perspectives. Explore a serene and beautiful open-ended world full of secrets, puzzles and hidden treasures. Unearth the mysteries of the past and discover the truth about reality and perception. Change your perspective and look at the world in a different way.

Previous Play Time

O hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

This game is on my challenge list because it was bought for me by my friend, Daniel, but it was actually on my Steam wishlist. I cut my gaming teeth on 2-D platformers, and so seeing a new, highly regarded, one come out for the PC immediately piqued my interest. The whole "2-D character in a 3-D world" gimmick also appealed to the lingering vestiges of my mathematical training.

I have nothing but high expectations for this game. I love the genre, I'm completely sold on the twist, and I'm curious to see the unique levels and puzzles that its premise makes possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment