Monday, February 26, 2018

Trine 2 - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Trine 2 is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming where you play as one of Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world.

Join Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight and Zoya the Thief in their adventure full of friendship, magic and betrayal.

Trine 2: Complete Story fully integrates the Goblin Menace expansion campaign and the all-new unlockable Dwarven Caverns level into one mighty fairytale. All owners of Trine 2: Goblin Menace are automatically upgraded to the Complete Story edition.

Previous Playtime

11.6 hours

Expectations and Prior Experience

I've already played through the entire game with my friend Daniel, so I know for a fact that I'll enjoy it. And since it took more than 11 hours to finish, I know that I won't have a lot of wheel-spinning to do after I beat it again. It's likely that if I take the same approach as I did with the original Trine, of first beating the levels casually and then backtracking for 100%, the 20 hours will pass before I finish.

My big worry is that this game is definitely more multiplayer-optimized than Trine. You've got to split your level-up bonuses between your three characters, instead of getting equal xp for each. Also, if I recall correctly, the puzzles are more complex. The worst case scenario is that I get stuck behind an obstacle that is too hard for a single player to defeat.

I'm not too worried, though. Trine 2 was a pretty casual platformer, so it probably won't vindictively punish me for daring to play it alone . . . probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment