Sunday, January 14, 2018

Stronghold Crusader HD - 3/20 hours

This game is just a reskin of Stronghold with a middle-eastern flair. As such, I have nothing to say about it that I didn't already say about the original game. I'll probably have some commentary on the nature of crusades, but only if the story in the campaigns starts to deal with religious themes.

I guess I like the reskin, though. The sandstone-colored wall have a cleaner, more elegant look, and the hovels look more like permanent houses than the straw huts from the first game. I always felt bad about building such crappy houses for my people, though I soothed my conscience by reminding myself that the individual citizens were not simulated down to that level. Hovels affect your population cap, but your workers don't return to them once they are built.

My biggest obstacle going forward is definitely my petulance at having to play the exact same game twice in one month. I didn't hate the first game, but I was relieved to put it behind me. If I weren't trying to hit a deadline I'd just take it slow and casual, but forcing myself to concentrate over my own resentment is going to be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment