Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bad Rats - Initial Thoughts

About the Game (From the Steam Store Page)

Bad Rats is a physics puzzle game where rats finally get their bloody revenge on their new prisoners: The cats. 
 
Come up with creative solutions for each puzzle using physics, functional objects, and your specially trained Rats. Try different ways of solving each puzzle to finish faster or earn higher scores. Revel in your success as the cat meets a violent demise in any number of humorous ways at the hands of Bad Rats. 


Previous Play Time

0 hours

Prior Experience

I don't know anything about Bad Rats, but I have heard that it is a common gag gift. Also, Madcat gave me special dispensation not to play it for the full 20 hours, which does not fill me with a great deal of confidence.

Expectations

It's a puzzle game, so how bad could it be? On the other hand, every time I've doubted the conventional wisdom, it's burned me greatly. I'm going to try and go the whole way, however, because I don't want a gap in my nice, neat list. Hopefully, it will be slow-paced enough that I can play it without having to devote too much attention to it. Those are always the easiest "bad" games to play.

I'm actually really looking forward to finishing this game, because it's the last perverse one on my list. All the others appear to have at least some interesting qualities to make them worth playing. It's all uphill from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment