Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Borderlands 2 - 6/20 hours

Not much to say today, I just want to note that the last four hours passed in a blur. Borderlands 2 has that strange time-compressing quality that a lot of great games have. You're playing it, doing one little activity at a time, and then BOOM, an hour has passed.

It's a little weird to suddenly notice a whole chunk of lost time, but it's generally a pleasant experience, like waking from a good dream. It only gets awkward when I realize that I'm up hours past my bed-time or when I have to scramble to do my nightly paperwork at the last possible minute.

Is the pleasure worth it? Should I borrow against my future in order to have fun in the present? Probably not, but I'm having such a good time I'm willing to take the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment