Friday, August 22, 2014

Antichamber - 11/20 hours

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have the red gun. I've collected most of the signs. And by the looks of my map, I have only five chambers left to solve (and I'm pretty sure at least three of those unexplored paths just lead to hidden bonus areas, because the chambers themselves I've already passed through on the way to something else).

Yet it would not surprise me if it took me the whole of the last nine hours to finish the game, because I am completely stumped. I know I said I was stumped before, but back then I could walk away from the puzzles that were frustrating me, try something different, and come back later when something I saw in a different part of the maze shook the cobwebs loose. Now, though, it's the tough path or nothing.

Still, I think my feelings towards this game have softened, now that I'm (presumably) close to the end. The one thing I can't stand in games is not knowing what to do next, but if I do know, I'm usually pretty content, even if the next thing to do looks like it might be impossible.

I'd like to finish this post with a screenshot of one of my currently unsolved rooms, and, I feel, a perfect summation of the game itself:


WTF indeed, Antichamber. WTF, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment