Monday, May 23, 2016

Special Anniversary Replay - Crusader Kings II

The votes in my poll are tallied and the clear winner is Crusader Kings II. It's easy to see why. The game is a seemingly endless morass of drama. The rise and fall of kingdoms. Betrayal. Romance. The whole medieval politics thing.

Plus, my previous save file was in a very precarious position. You see, between the last time I played the game and now, a new DLC was released which dramatically changes the relationship between liege and vassal, giving your council of advisors an incredible amount of power within the kingdom. And because it changed the rules so dramatically, it also had other unanticipated side effects - such as changing the succession laws of my kingdom so that my titles would be split even among my heirs.

Since my dynasty is very old and very wide-spread, this would be a complete disaster. It wouldn't quite be a game-over, but it would put me back at square one.

If I didn't know better, I might think that the voters might be interested in seeing me fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment