Friday, April 21, 2017

SolForge - 10/20 hours

Well, I'm 0-7 in multiplayer matches. Since five of those losses were in drafts, I'm feeling kind of demoralized. There was a part of me that thought I couldn't possibly be so bad at a card game that I wouldn't win at least 20% of my games purely by chance. I guess that's just how it goes, though.

The only loss that really upset me was my most recent one. My opponent had several opportunities to defeat me, but purposefully held back so they could stack buffing effects in order to get one of their creatures up to 25,000 damage. That's not a good feeling. I probably should have forfeited when I realized what was going on, but I had a slim hope that I might be able to surprise my opponent and make them regret their arrogance.

No such luck, though I did learn that the thing about newbies having no chance in the Constructed format was not an exaggeration (or maybe it is - it's hard for me to tell, considering how bad I am at the game).

The campaign missions are progressing fairly well, though. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to finish, however. The latest mission has me completely stumped - you can only play one card per turn (instead of two) and I don't even know where to begin to solve that problem.

I think my goal for the next ten hours is to somehow learn to ignore the fact that I am not good at the game. If I can just enjoy myself on my own terms without having to compare myself to others, I think I may do all right. I will, however being playing at least six more online games, for the extra cards. And while I hope my future opponents are more generous in victory than my most recent one, I am just going to try and adopt an attitude of equanimity either way.

We'll see how well that works out in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment