Friday, December 25, 2015

Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV, Victoria II - Tutorials (4 hours)

Playing the tutorials went about like I expected. The logic of Crusader Kings II was very familiar to me, and while the refresher couldn't have hurt, it was probably unnecessary. Europa Universalis IV's basic controls were easy enough to pick up, but I've only the foggiest idea about how the overall strategy is supposed to work. And I am completely out of my dept when it comes to Victoria II.

The last one, especially, is a shame, because it looks like it could be my favorite game of the three. There's a big focus on industrial development, which is, like my favorite thing about strategy games, and the political effects of ideology, which is an interesting departure from something like Civilization, which tends to treat government as a value-neutral source of bonuses. I think I'd really enjoy taking it slow and learning to play the game properly. . .

But I won't, because I have a grandiose goal here, and I'm going to see it through. While I learned enough to operate the second two games on a basic level, I'm still committed to learning their nuances the hard way.

Here's hoping it's not too embarrassing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment