Wednesday, December 23, 2015

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 9/20 hours

Sometime in the last 24 hours, Steam changed the name of this game in my master list. From my online research, the "new" name is actually the title of the game, originally, from when it was on the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360, but that makes me wonder: why change it now? Or, for that matter, why did they change it before? It's more of a pain to write out in the "new" way, but I do strive for accuracy (believe it or not), so I guess I'll adapt.

As for the game itself, I feel like I've said this before, but it is sooo cuuute! I just finished Episode 4, and little Lego Han Solo, with his painted on smirk, and awkward, rectilinear swagger is such a perfectly scaled-down caricature of the movie Han Solo that whenever I see him, I can't help but smile.

It's hard to say for sure, but going into the second half of the game, I think the split between the original-trilogy levels and the sequel-trilogy levels is noticeable. The levels in Episode IV are larger, the puzzles are more complex, there is more diversity in the set dressing, and the animations for the characters are more emotive. However, I'm not entirely confident that my preference for the original trilogy is not biasing my judgement in this regard.

I still have two more episodes to go, and I'm looking forward to them. I still have yet to see Lego Lando Calrissian or Lego Jabba the Hutt, both of which promise to be pretty amusing. I've been going relatively slowly through this game so far, primarily because it's a loud, busy action game that doesn't mesh well with my work, but since today is my day off, I'll likely be able to knock it out pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment