Friday, July 15, 2016

Verdun - 15/20 hours

I wanted to go all-out and finish the game in a single session, but I started falling asleep and couldn't keep going. The game is still going terribly, but at least I finally learned how to upgrade my character classes. The superior weapons do make things a little easier, but it becomes just that much more humiliating when I lose.

The real problem, I think, is the presence of experienced FPS-players for who equipment is less relevant. A machine gun in a bunker may be nigh-unassailable in the real world, but that does me little good when I don't know how to deal with a sniper in the game.

I think I'm going to finish off by playing squad survival mode, which is perhaps not as hardcore as front-line mode, but does have the advantage of pitting me against AIs who lack the skill to wipe me out from across the map.

Alternately, I could try spectator mode. It's debatable whether that counts as "playing" the game, but it is an available option and I may be able to learn something about the larger strategy of the matches that may allow me to survive longer than 30 seconds. Just in time to finish my 20 hours and never play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment