Monday, August 28, 2017

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - 15/20 hours

I've beaten hard mode, got a few more gold challenge medals, and have basically reached a point where I have nothing more I want to accomplish in this game . . . and I still have five hours to go. It's not really a problem, per se, but I will admit to feeling a certain malaise at the prospect of tackling this game a fourth time.

It's not so much that I expect it to be unpleasant. It's just that unless I want to grind away on the challenges, there's not much more to learn. It's just going to be more and more lightsaber/lightning/telekinesis hack and slash. The strange thing is that I played the first game for longer and didn't have much of a problem, and other action games for more than 35 hours while still craving more.

I think the issue here is that The Force Unleashed II is really, really short. It's not filled with secrets or alternate paths or complex character builds. It's just a series of straightforward enemy tubes. You march through the tubes and attack the enemies.

It's the sort of thing that can be nice for a break, but starts to feel like work after awhile. The main challenge I face is resisting the temptation to do something else.

I can do it, though! When I'm done, I'll have only 35 games to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment