Monday, August 14, 2017

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition - 20/20 hours

I almost had 100% completion. I just needed to get all the holcrons from the final level. I probably would have gone past 20 hours just for the sake of the last few collectibles, but the game kept crashing. In the end, I decided it wasn't worth the frustration. I'm just going to remove it from my hard drive anyway.

Overall, I'd say I liked the parts of the game that were not plot. Even the boss battles got less frustrating when I had all my Force Powers pumped up to maximum level. Tossing around Storm Troopers like ragdolls never got old, and even when that tactic didn't quite work (several enemies were immune to being picked up by the Force), the game was fast-paced enough that it never really dragged.

In fact, I would have had this game completely in the bag three days ago, if I hadn't gotten sucked into playing No Man's Sky again.

I don't think I'll ever play this game again, though. I don't think I've ever played a game with more satisfying telekinesis, but that's not really enough of a reason to go out of my way to play it, and the goofy and off-putting story is something I actively want to avoid (at one point, he was ruminating about a Jedi falling to the dark side, when she was the apprentice of a woman he murdered in cold blood . . . and if I get into this again, I'm not going to get out.)

I still have the second game to play, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it well enough. And hey, the story couldn't possibly be any worse . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment