Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Warframe - 16/20 hours

I'm making a kind of progress. When I log in tonight, I should have my first constructed weapon - a cronus blade. It's an exciting moment, but my feelings are mixed. The cronus has better base statistics than my starting weapon, but my current sword is level 15, and the cronus will be level one. That means I won't be able to use any of my mods until I take it on a few missions and level it up. I will have to accept a short-term disadvantage in order to gain a long-term advantage.

It's not that big a deal, because I won't have to grind it too far, because all my melee mods are pretty low level, so while I'm trying to upgrade my sword, I'll also be farming for raw materials to upgrade my mods, and for new mods to fill out the slots in my high-level weapons and warframe. And the foreseeable future, for as long as I care to play Warframe is grinding upon grinding, because even if I fill out my current equipment, I will inevitably find rare items that themselves need to be leveled up, and my increased potency will grant me access to new areas with even better equipment . . .

I saw a player who had spent 1200+ hours on this game. That's more time than I've spent on this entire blog. I can't imagine committing to one game for so long.

Though after playing Warframe for sixteen hours, I can see how it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment