Sunday, February 4, 2018

Consortium - 9/20 hours

Third run completed in almost exactly two hours. This is not a good sign. Some of that can be chalked up to my refusing to say anything to anybody and thus cutting out about half the dialogue, but the larger part is surely just me getting used to the game and knowing where everything is. I expect future runs to be almost as fast.

Playing a silent protagonist wasn't as funny as I had originally hoped. There were amusing moments, where my lack of response flustered, annoyed, or confused the NPCs, but mostly they just skipped conversations. The oddest thing about it was that my results were almost exactly the same as my first game, where I went with my gut. The only real difference between the two was that in my most recent game, I didn't tell the doctor I was a dimensional traveler.

This can mean one of two things - either I did really poorly my first time through, or the bulk of this game is listening to NPCs talk and the plot is only marginally affected by having you there at all. I suspect that I will have to act as extremely as possible in future runs to find out which theory is correct.

Going forward, I plan to use a guide to help me snag as many achievements as possible. For my next run, I intend to be a total pariah and go for the achievement for everyone having a negative opinion of you. I expect it will be unpleasant and frustrating, but if anything is going to trigger a different story, that will be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment