Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Trine 2 - 2/20 hours

I haven't been playing much, but that's not the fault of the game. I think I may be coming down with a cold. I've got minor muscle fatigue and I've been coughing frequently.

Trine 2 is a fine game, with gorgeously drawn levels and well-balanced platforming gameplay that relies on an intuitive physics system and the unique abilities of your three characters. It is moderately difficult at places, but I've yet to encounter any dead ends or particularly frustrating challenges. I'd likely blaze through it if my concentration were at 100%, but I'm tired and cranky, so I've only been doing one or two levels at a time. My hope is that if I get some bed rest and some fluids, I'll be able to give it my full attention later today.

There's not much of a plot. I think goblins are invading, so the Trine reactivated and gathered the characters from the original back into itself for another kingdom-saving adventure. The characters are a little more fleshed out this time around (they finally get names) and their banter is the best part of the story.

Overall, I'm a little bummed about my lack of progress, but since it's not anything intrinsic to the game, I'm sure it will pass. At the very least, tomorrow is my day off and I'll be able to bundle up on the couch and play Trine 2 as a distraction from my biological misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment