Saturday, June 2, 2018

ibb & obb - 10/20 hours

My life has been pretty unsettled recently, but I can't really blame that for my lack of progress in this game.  I think what it boils down to is that I really don't want to play this game by myself. Controlling both ibb and obb isn't fun and it isn't really challenging (not unless you count the fact that my physiology literally is not up to the task as a "challenge.")

So I've resolved to just restrict myself to multiplayer from now on. That's going to be rough, because my friend is only intermittently available, but I just don't see any other way. Soloing the game is a nightmare.

I think, if I had tried it a year ago, I would probably have been able to just power through. At the very least, I wouldn't have sweated taking 2-3 weeks to get through it. But being at the end of my list has made it more difficult. I feel a definite pressure that wasn't present in my other games. Like, everything I do besides playing ibb & obb is somehow thwarting an important life goal and that brings on a vague sense of guilt.

You'd think that guilt would serve as an extra source of motivation, pushing me to focus on my work and get it done quicker, but mostly it's just been encouraging avoidance. I feel so knotted up about ibb & obb that I try not to think about at all.

I guess I'm just going to have to get over it. My goal is to have ibb & obb done no later than June 8, because Planescape: Torment is on sale for 4 bucks and I think that would be a much nicer game to wrap the blog up with (I also have it on disc, but frankly, not having to dig through the closet for it is probably worth the four dollars).

No comments:

Post a Comment