Saturday, May 12, 2018

Celebration (premature)! I did it (kind of)!

Reaching 20 hours on The Bard's Tale marks a major blog milestone. Every single one of the games I bought for myself has either been played for 20 hours or beaten entirely.

This moment, right now. That's what it's all been about. That's the goal I set out with when I started this blog, nearly four years ago. I did it.

I can't entirely describe what I'm feeling right now. "Happiness" doesn't really cover it. I've got tears in my eyes, and they are not tears of joy, nor of relief, nor of mourning, but somehow all three. I can only imagine that it will be even more intense when I finish the blog for real.

To be honest, though, this moment was not what I was expecting. I thought for sure that I would be all fired up to finish the last three games and make it "official" or, failing that, that I would become complacent and feel unmotivated to do the rest of my challenge list because the "main" blog was complete. In reality, I just feel kind of numb, like I can't believe I'm really here.

But you know what, I'm going to save the eulogizing for when the blog is actually dead. For now, I've got work in front of me. The end is in sight and I can make it if I stay focused.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment