Sunday, May 27, 2018

ibb & obb - 2/20 hours

Two days in and I've got approximately one hour with multiplayer and one hour trying to go solo.

Playing with a friend is super fun. ibb & obb is an excellent multiplayer game. It requires precise communication and coordinated movements and the puzzles are just complex enough that it's an advantage to have two people, but not so difficult that you're often stuck with nothing do. Hanging out with my friend is the best part, of course, but as a team activity, it's worthwhile.

Playing by myself . . . eh. It wasn't the nightmare I was expecting, but neither is it something I derive a great deal of fulfillment from. Controlling the two characters is fine if I can do it sequentially, but on those occasions where I need both ibb and obb to act in tandem, it's a real pain. I've gotten through the first three levels already, but I am seriously expecting to hit a brick wall sooner rather than later.

I guess there's nothing to be done but keep plugging away. I'll probably be able to arrange some more co-op sessions before this is all said and done, but it's unreasonable to expect even my good friends to make themselves available for the 18 hours I need to hit my benchmark.

Learning to use both hands, it is, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment