Thursday, May 17, 2018

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - 10/20 hours

Somewhere around 7 hours I hit a wall. I'd finished 2 out of the 4 "extreme" bombs and I just couldn't do it any more. They were too complicated. The needy modules were too needy. There wasn't enough time. The pressure was more or less unbearable.

So I decided I would just coast to completion. Fire up free play and do 13 hours worth of easy bombs. I'm going to make it. It's only a matter of time. But damn if it isn't tedious.

Playing this game solo was definitely a mistake. It's gotten to the point where, just from pure repetition, I can do some of the puzzles on memory alone. It's not something I anticipated from the start, but it's obvious in retrospect. I can't help but think it's undermining the whole point of the multiplayer game. So not only am I busting my head in a pointless act of endurance, I'm also ruining the very thing I most liked about the game in the first place.

Ah, hubris.

No comments:

Post a Comment